Sunday, February 3, 2008

Trubute to Gordon Bitner Hinckley


Passing of a Prophet


I imagine he's running to Marjorie now,

Yes, running, not waving his cane.

I see him embracing his father and mother

While they keep repeating his name.

I see him now meeting his forebears,

Brother Brigham and Joseph are there.

Sweet reunion of prophets, united by service

That only such noble men share.

I see him embraced by the Savior

While Father says, 'Good and well done.

So faithful in stalwart endurance, I welcome

My noble, most excellent son.'

I then hear the ripples of laughter

As he says the reception's just fine,

But he hopes that he'll get an assignment or two

Since there's no need to waste any time.

I can hear his clear voice in the stillness

At the close of this sweet Sabbath day,

Have faith and move for ward... there's work to be done.

President Hinckley would want it that way.


-Anna M. Molgard, January 27, 2008



President Gordon B. Hinckley. Prophet and President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for most of my life, and the Prophet of my formative years, passed away Sunday, January 27, 2008. I had the opportunity to go to his viewing and pass by his casket. I watch his funeral and the procession and grave-side service. I have shed many tears at his passing, not because I am sad for him or am worried for him. I have cried because I will miss him, and I do not feel that I have made him proud. I have cried out of joy for his reunion with his sweet wife. I have cried because this great man will finally have an opportunity to live again without the confines of his elderly mortal body. President Hinckley. I will miss you. But, I am grateful for the years of service, the impact you left on the world, the example you have sent. But, more than that, I am grateful for the words and teachings you left and only hope that I can do better in obeying council, that I will stand a little taller and Be more like you. I would say rest in peace, but let's be honest.... he's not the type to rest, even in death. As the poem says... there is still work to be done!

No comments:

 
K-Rey - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords