Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ta-DUH

Ok, so I did something really dumb and awkward today. Someone from my new Relief Society Presidency called and said they wanted to stop by and visit Kim and I. I called her back to tell her that I wouldn't be home. I was driving home from work with the top down on the Mini. Just as I got her on the phone, a loud semi-truck went by. Not wanting to sound snobby (ie: "Oh, I'm so sorry for that loud noise... the top is down on my brand new, gorgeous convertable. ") I tried to apologize for the noise by saying:

Kelsey: "Sorry for the noise, my top is down......."

RS Girl: no response

Kelsey: "Uh, on my car! Don't think it's my shirt top! Nope, I am for sure wearing one of those!!! Just the CAR top is down"

RS Girl: no response

Kelsey: "Um, ok...well, I gess i'll see you around...."


Golden. Best moment of my day. Almost better than when I fell over for no real reason while standing in the IT department's doorway.... I'll save that story for another day. ;)

5 comments:

Kimbo said...

yes I love moments like that. That is classic. It will be interesting to see the next interaction between you two. Probably really weird on her side. Thanks for the laugh

Allison said...

yeah. i loved it. thanks for a good chuckle.
i'm still stumped on the 10 things post. i need to get on that.

Carl and Amber said...

That is funny! Maybe you'll be off the hook for awhile from any big church callings! Ahh...that was a good laugh!

Allison said...

i did the tag of yours. go check it out!

Brynnly and Alan said...

So did she just hang up with out saying anything? That is so weird and yet pretty funny!

 
K-Rey - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords