Thursday, May 7, 2009

Don't be hatin!

Ok, so there are a few things I'm good at, and blogging certainly isn't one of them. So, please stop hatin on me for sucking peeps! haha.

I don't think I've shared this story yet on my blog, so for your entertainment, I will tell this self deprecating tale.

Anyone who knows me should be perfectly aware of two things:
1. I don't wear flats very often. I'm a high-heeled girl.
2. I am not athletic. I have made attempts. I "played" soccer in high school and even coached for a rec team (5th and 6th grade girls). I've tried to become a runner. I've tried to become a skier and a wake boarder. I'm really not good at any of these things.

So, this story really shouldn't come as a shock.

It was winter in the year 2009. I was at work. Some friends and I decided that it would be a great idea to head up to Park City, Utah (about 30 minutes away) to see an Aerial Ski Jump Competition. I've been to plenty of sporting events, none of which were winter sporting events. So, while I was expecting a nice, paved, snow-cleared path up to some bleachers, I was oh so wrong. Instead, I found an icy, snowy ski hill that we had to hike up. Which, wouldn't have been a huge deal aside from the fact that I'd come right from work, and was wearing a dress and high heeled boots with no traction. I knew I was in trouble.

So, I asked one of the people working the event if there was any other way to get up the hill. They said a snowmobile would take me if I faked an injury. My friends just said "Kels, don't worry about it, we'll help you get up to the top!"

45 minutes later, they weren't so happy about it. haha. They basically ended up dragging me up the hill. Every time I tried to take a step, I'd slip and almost pull everyone down the hill with me. So, I tried using my heels like ice picks. That helped a little until we hit more fluffy snow. So, finally, I just dug and, and they walked and pulled. Unfortunately, in process, I pulled my butt muscle! I ended up walking with a limp the rest of the night. Good thing was, I ended up taking the snow mobile down the hill.

What a night!!

So, other than that, things in my life are good. Work is fine, the weather is steadily getting more spring like, which means summer and heat is just around the corner... yay!

As far as the boys go, I'm still sort of on my self-imposed dating break. Until I find a guy that I'm really excited to get to know better, I'm holding back. Some of the same boys are still prowling around waiting for me to decide that I don't want to date a Mormon boy, but that I'm fine with settling. Jokes on them! Kelsey don't play that! ;)

More blogs to come, this year is full of plans already! Oh, and Relay is just over a month away! Eek!!

2 comments:

Kimbo said...

This story cracks me up. You and your heels in the snow...Only my Kelsaroo. I think it's time you keep an extra pair of uggs in the trunk in case they are needed at any given moment. Yeah you're back to blogging. It's a miracle. Holla!

JWolfgramm said...

heels as ice picks!! haha - that's awesome. I had so much fun with you the other day! Lets hangout again soon!! Proud of you for posting to your blog!

 
K-Rey - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords