Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Marvelosity

What a weekend! I'm pretty sure I'm still recovering.

So, it started on Friday night with a trip to dinner with a couple friends, hanging out in a backyard, jumping on the trampoline, etc. Then, I went up to This is The Place Heritage Park to pass out flyers for the Relay for Life to high school kids. It was amazing... kids lined up to get our fliers! There was a girl there passing out info on another dance and she kept getting mad cause the kids liked ours better... there were WAY more of hers that ended up on the ground! haha! Sucker! That's what she gets for being a beasty!

Then, Saturday morning, my sister and I were able to take our nieces and nephew to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. Since we live in Daybreak, we were allowed a special sneak-peek tour! It was gorgeous, as all Temples are. I'm pretty sure this is the Temple that I will someday be married in. It was so amazing to feel how strong the Spirit was there, even though it hasn't been dedicated yet. Temples truly are the House of the Lord... it made me really start to be excited to go to this temple as much as I can once it's open!


Isn't it gorgeous? And just steps away from my house!

After that, I packed my bags and met up with some friends to head up to Pineview Reservoir up Ogden canyon. We rented a huge house in Eden and it was a blast.

While we were up there, we went to a local LDS ward and had the opportunity to hear from several Vets from the Korean War, Vietnam, and even some stories from WWII. It was great to listen to such wonderful stories and pay tribute to our soldiers, especially those who have given their lives, to defend the freedoms we enjoy! We also heard a hilarious youth speaker who told a story about two girls who walked in on his friend going to the bathroom... and related it to sharing our testimonies. What? Yeah. I miss youth speakers!

Here are some photos from the weekend:


I be a shootin woman! Except I didn't hit a dang thing. ;)


Don't mess w/us! We'll bust a cap ya'll!


All the muddin peeps... after shooting we went up the mountain and drove around, getting stuck in the mud, etc. It was a blast!


And, it was gorgeous up there!




Post softball game... what a blast!


All the single ladies! Loved driving to and fro with these ladies!

3 comments:

Kimbo said...

Wow this was quite the weekend. It sounds like you had a ton of fun. Your friends look like a total blast too. Thanks for the update. Now I feel like I was there partying it up with the best of yall :)
p.s. That temple is gorgeous. I can't wait for you to go either!

Brynnly and Alan said...

What a fun weekend Kel's! You crack me up, p.s.!

Mike Provard said...

I don't mind that you use my photograph of the Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple in your blog, but please indicate that I am the photographer, (c)2009 Michael Provard.
Thanks.

 
K-Rey - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords